Subject- English; Grade- 3; Revision of Conjunction (Grammar)

                                                 Conjunction Revision


Use appropriate conjunctions to join the sentences.

 

1. My pet goat will eat almost anything. He likes vegetables the most. (but)

à My pet goat will eat almost anything but he likes vegetables the most.

 

2. My family lives in the country. We have a lot of land. (and)

à My family lives in the country and we have lot of land.

 

3. We could go to the playground. We could go to the movies. (or)

à We could go to the playground or movies.

 

4. Amit went to the beach. Amit learned to surf. (and)

à Amit went to the beach and learned to surf.

 

5. Radha wanted to drive to the store. Her car wouldn’t start. (but)

à Radha wanted to drive to the store but her car wouldn’t start.

 

 

6. Do you want pancakes for breakfast? Would you rather have eggs? (or)

à Do you want pancakes for breakfast or eggs?

 

7. I need to bring a calculator to school. I need to bring a ruler to school. (and)

à I need to bring a calculator and a ruler to the school.

 

8. Some kids were afraid to dive into the pool. I wasn’t afraid. (but)

à Some kids were afraid to dive into the pool but I was not.

 

Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjunctions.

 

1.    He must be punished because he is guilty.

2.    I was ill so I didn't go to work.

3.    I am very tired because I have been working all day.

4.   The bus stopped and the man got off.

5.    I wanted to buy a newspaper but didn't have enough money.

6.    I have a lot of homework to do now so I can't go to the cinema with you.

7.    Do you want tea or coffee?

8.    Is it a new house or an old house?

9.    I will study my spelling words so I can get a good score on the test.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grade- 3; Sub- English; Poem- 12. The Old Brown Horse (N.B and W.B) Exercise

English Chapter - 13 Raza Meets the Emperor NB & WB