Eng. Grammar Ch.23 The Present Tense

 

23. The Present Tense

1. Fill in the blanks with the verbs ‘am’, ‘is’, or ‘are’.

a) The Ganges _____the longest river in India.

b) We____________ acrobats. We work in the circus.

c) Tim and Mini __________my best friends.

d) My aunt ___ a scientist.

e) It______ hot in summer.

f) I ______ very hungry. May I eat a banana?

g) Green vegetables ______good for health.

Ans. a) is             b) are        c) are          d) is         e) is          f) am           g) are

2. Underline the helping verb in blue and the main verb in red in each of the following sentences.

a) Jenny is playing football this evening.

b) My father is driving the red car tonight.

c) Mother Hubbard is locking her door before she goes to the market.

d) My dog, Fido, is leaping high to catch the ball.

e) The cook is measuring the ingredients for a cake.


Ans. a) is reading        b) is eating     c) is floating    d) am painting     e) are playing

5. Fill in the blanks with the present continuous form of the verbs given in the brackets. One has been done for you as an example.

a) The boy is playing with his friends. (play)

b) My uncle ____________ to work. (drive)

c) My father ___________ me do my homework. (help)

d) My grandmother ______________ on the terrace. (sit)

e) The fairies __________ on the lawn. (dance)

f) I______________ tomatoes for dinner. (pick)

g) Rohan _______ his room right now. (clean)

h) The priestess __________the temple bell. (ring)

i) The bees __________ around the flowers. (buzz)

Ans. b) is driving    c) is helping   d) is sitting   e) are dancing   f) am picking   g) is cleaning                             h) is ringing    i) are buzzing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grade- 3; Sub- English; Poem- 12. The Old Brown Horse (N.B and W.B) Exercise

English Chapter - 13 Raza Meets the Emperor NB & WB